Missouri HB2196 seeks to nullify “all federal acts, laws, executive orders, administrative orders, court orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future” which violate the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution. (learn about it here) It must pass out of the Emerging Issues Committee before the full House can consider it.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS to support this important bill.
1. Contact your State Representative. The bill has cosponsors (see them here) and needs more. Strongly, but respectfully urge your own state rep to cosponsor and support HB2196. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email, so make sure to take a few minutes to call.
Contact info here: http://openstates.org/find_your_legislator/
2. Call the House Emerging Issues Committee Chair, Elijah Haahr. Firmly, but politely urge him to move HB2196 forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Rep. Haahr 573-751-2210
3. Call the rest of the committee members. Be firm, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB2196.
Gary Cross (R) Vice Chair 573-751-1459
Jack Bondon (R) 573-751-2175
Mike Colona (D) 573-751-6736
Jim Hansen (R) 573-751-4028
Ron Hicks (R) 573-751-1470 (THANK him for cosponsoring HB2196)
Jeremy Lafaver (D) 573-751-2437
Bill Lant (R) 573-751-9801
Dave Muntzel (R) 573-751-0169
Sharon Pace (D) 573-751-4726
Caleb Rowden (R) 573-751-1169
Anne Zerr (R) 573-751-3717
4. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 2-3 days. Make sure to follow-up. If they say YES, be sure to thank them and, if possible, announce their committed YES vote to email and social media contacts. If they say no, politely ask them why. Get the information from them and contact us.
5. Spread the Word. Share this information widely by facebook, twitter, email and other social networks.